Monday 3 March 2014

Hayley joins the jet-set

Hayley (far left) with fellow THE Alumni
Our graduates pursue careers across a variety of disciplines throughout the Tourism Management industry.

Hayley Bartholomew secured a first-class honours degree before joining British Airways, and she recently returned to Preston to share her experiences with current undergraduates.

"UCLan was amazing and really helped me get to where I am today. From my placement at Disney through to the quality of the teaching – particularly Carley's 'Managing Service Quality' module – everything was geared to my employability.

"I learned report writing and research skills during the course of my dissertation and these have proved invaluable in my new role. I started off as cabin crew and I'm now working at Head Office on projects which look at ways of enhancing service on our most prestigious routes.

"My advice to anyone considering a career in the industry is don't be disheartened if you don't find a place on a graduate scheme – just find a way in and things will happen. Make sure you network, be resilient, make sure you attend lectures and be ambitious. If you're determined to be a success you’ll go a long way."

No comments:

Post a Comment